Still Hoping......No More

18 hours ago, Litespud said:

Magnifique! Your '6 came off the line on Bastille Day - it's is crying out for a French name (if that's not a contentious issue in Canada :unsure:). FWIW, my kids christened my '72 "Nigel", because it was the most English name they could think of

Litespud,

i will have to think of an appropriate name, not contentious if French, but I imagine it will be British. We are British born, our kids are Canadian born.  They also use Nigel as a reference to British things.

Graham

13 hours ago, BritishRacingGreen said:

Graham

Yours is one of the last TR6s made on the last day of production.

FYI I came across this recent article in UK Classic Car Weekly about the oldest surviving TR6 up for sale.

Number 15 off the line, made on the the first day of production, 19 September 1968.

The UK owner imported it from Canada.

Martin

Oldest TR6.pdf 1.59 MB · 17 downloads

It would be great if someone with some photo editing skills could put together an image of first day and last day cars.  I would be pleased to contribute pictures of my car.

Graham

• 2 years later...
On 4/26/2019 at 1:18 AM, Graham J said:

Derek, thank you for the production information, that is great news to me.

Graham

Nice! I wanted a Red one, after years of a white TR4...every '6' I went to see was White Doh!  BTW Derek (Saffrontr) is the forums go-to oracle for 'all' TR stats!