Hi all

Came across this kit www.dcemotorsport.com/Home/EPAS at the Practical Classics Restro show in March.

Has anyone any experience of this fitting this system and how it drives. Any pics would be helpful as I would like to fabricate any brackets etc while the shell is undergoing repairs.

Thanks

Andy

Just had a look at:

http://www.dcemotorsport.com/Home/EPAS

Have you tried Classic Driving Development PAS? Alasdair Southall started CDD with PAS kits for TRs though I haven't tried these. However I have fitted his drive shafts and other products, all very well engineered. 

https://classicdrivingdevelopment.co.uk/products.asp

Nigel

12 hours ago, PodOne said:

Hi all

Came across this kit www.dcemotorsport.com/Home/EPAS at the Practical Classics Restro show in March.

Has anyone any experience of this fitting this system and how it drives. Any pics would be helpful as I would like to fabricate any brackets etc while the shell is undergoing repairs.

Thanks

Andy

Quite high current draw on these so you would need to uprate the loom feed and alternator plus you would need to do a fair bit of fabrication of bracketry under the dash.

Stuart.

Hi, 

indeed the EPS is very powerful due to the datasheet at maximum power.

But the power to assist the driver is less than the driver himself can give power to the steering, that's probably not more than 40 Watt.

So I would not care about the generator, alternator or battery.

But use own new cables for the EPS from (for example) the starter relay to the EPS and from there to earth.

80 Amps fuse is VERY high and UNSAFE, in the case of a hazard this fuse will react AFTER the cables and car are burned down.

Ciao, Cheers, Marco

Edited by Z320

Having looked at the Classic Driving Developments system it seems better engineered offering and an easier option when it comes to fitting/

Thanks all for the comments

Andy

Hi

I know its personal, but for me, the TR6 I have from 1970 reminds me a bit of how simple life was and I, in a strange way like the heaving and grunting to get mine out of the drive.  My main car is power everything with no dah and even has Apps you can download and for me, and again its personal, I like the clear difference of veteran and new.

Hope you do not get offended by my comment.

Rich

43 minutes ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi

I know its personal, but for me, the TR6 I have from 1970 reminds me a bit of how simple life was and I, in a strange way like the heaving and grunting to get mine out of the drive.  My main car is power everything with no dah and even has Apps you can download and for me, and again its personal, I like the clear difference of veteran and new.

Hope you do not get offended by my comment.

Rich

Hi Rich 

No offense at all, as you say its down to personal choice!

Andy 

I had a cost from Alastair Southall for his kit fitted £1500 that does not include for the upgrades, to electrics, you have to do those