Our Forum - the Way Forward.

7 hours ago, TorontoTim said:

I'd say that there are TWO non-technical areas:  Alec's Inn for TRR members to discuss club matters and the new TRs Out and About for all Forum users (i.e. it's open to non-members).

Hi Tim,

Might be a glitch but, (as of 1st May) "Out and About" seems only to be accessible to those signed in as a member of the forum.

The current greeting to non-members is :

OutAbout.thumb.png.03341973274cdd99e7ec84ba46e5569d.png

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers

Hi Deggers - this was a set-up error that required a log-in to view the Out and About section.  It should now be fixed!  Thanks Wayne!!!!!!!

There, that was quick!  I don't promise we'll always be quite as fast as this... ;):D

• 10 months later...

Well,

Gentlemen (and ladies, somewhere), I'm a re-newbee, so, speaking as someone who is back in the TR Register after quarter of a century or so, I'm delighted with the Forum as it is, in my own perception, since November 2019. It is

◇ Great fun to read.

◇ Very instructive.

◇ Seamlessly moderated.

◇ Thought-provoking.

◇ Often quite humbling.

◇ Quite refreshing, polite.

◇ Very kind.

I remember well the early days of email. Don't some of you too? How easy it was to give vent to unexamined feelings, to inflict offence, however unwittingly. This Forum, by contrast, is welcoming, in its own, quite subtle, way.

I sneaked in through the back door and found the same ethos, values, overriding principles with which I came into contact all those years ago. I suppose I'm rather like the character of Rumplestiltskin, back after a long, long sleep.

But this world is the same one I knew then. And the Forum a great modern resource; an example of good companionship, in my opinion.

So thank you Mike, Tim, John, Wayne, and whoever I may have omitted, thank you from here in Cork, Republic of Ireland, thank you all.

Edited by David Brancaleone
Typo
9 hours ago, David Brancaleone said:

So thank you Mike, Tim, John, Wayne, and whoever I may have omitted,

I had to read that twice as i thought John Wayne had joined our ranks! I must be watching too many old films..........
Ian

1 hour ago, cvtrian said:

I had to read that twice as i thought John Wayne had joined our ranks! I must be watching too many old films..........
Ian

x 3 laughing emojis here

This forum is excellent, it always has been despite various tribulations along the way.

i’ve gone from Zero knowledge to ‘dangerously incompetent’ over the ten or so years of TR ownership and support on this forum !

welcome David 

steve

4 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

This forum is excellent, it always has been despite various tribulations along the way.

i’ve gone from Zero knowledge to ‘dangerously incompetent’ over the ten or so years of TR ownership and support on this forum !

welcome David 

steve

Thanks, Steve! Very nice.

I remember waiting for the next issue of TR Action, looking up the Classifieds, and driving hundreds of miles in OGB 800 to pick up unwanted spares, and the rest. But there was no Forum. At the Club TR Group meetings, there were the chats, technical stuff to learn, sometime Glen Hewitt would attend thin as a stick in his baggy flying jacket, but not at national, indeed international, level.

The Forum is mindblowing. And the speed of instant communications! I think we take it for granted. But it is an extraordinary resource with such scope. Who knows how it could develop? And at times like right now? With motoring events cancelled, or pending cancellation? As an outsider, or rather, a lapsed member, I can tell you the Forum is such a welcome surprise. It does strike me as a valuable development which, I feel, should not be taken for granted. But I think it's quite normal to do that, easily done, I do it all the time.

Well, you see, Steve, my plan was to fly over, drive  ferry, and drive KST 277 back to Cork, emulating Eli, whose TR3 UFF 989 was often parked right next to KST 277 at TR Bitz. I had planned everything: how to frame the shots, the period clothes, Champers, smiles all round, and chocs...

But that isn't possible right now.

I do need to find a haulage company. But all going well, it should be possible to collect KST 277 from Dublin or Rosslare and drive down here to Cork, firing on all four cylinders and piercing the darkness with four Landy spots, new headlights, and Lebro's LED conversion...

Edited by David Brancaleone
Tge insteaf of the needed a line space for paragraphing
6 hours ago, cvtrian said:

Ian

Untitled.jpg.d7b55809f98a1d989f7072344cfbecb2.jpg