Lucas Heater blower motor

Does anyone know if the bearing can be replaced in the fan motor on a T2/ Tr3a. It does work but tends to screech  on start up and then goes quiet after a few seconds. Whilst I could live with this  I do not want to have to strip out the heater motor at a later stage and also have a Clayton matrix to go in. The matrix cost me £60 so not a major expense and I already have one in my 3a which works a treat. I have put some liquid grease which has quieted down now but it will not doubt dry out eventually.

Not sure if a  bronze bush or a bearing so any info welcome.

Rgds

Rod

Do you mean Smiths heater?  If so yes I am fairly sure both ends can be replaced.  My memory says they are spherical and retained by a plate secured by tiny rivets (1/16"?)  The bother will be that they are all imperial sized.

I have found soaking the bearings in hot oil re-impregnates them.

Cheers

Peter W

Hi peter,

Smiths heater motor the round dumpy thing! I suspect that the bearings have dried out as there is no play so I suspect that they may just need your treatment. The motor probably has not run in 4o years so the fact it runs at all is a bonus!!!!

Thanks

Rod