Tacho and speedo cables

Hi

Looking at Moss for the tachometer and speedo cables for a rhd 1972 PI, I see there are two lengths. Out of interest, why is that? 

I think I can figure out what I need from the old ones (I seem to have the shorter tacho cable but the longer of the two speedo cable options for some reason). But I couldn’t figure out why there were two different lengths. 

Thanks, Mark

Speedo length difference is for overdrive/non overdrive cars Tach difference as it states in the parts book "Longer version for easier fit"

Stuart.

If you get the longer one the problematic angle drive can be removed and the cable connected directly into the gearbox.

Dave

1 hour ago, mark_smugglers said:

Hi

Looking at Moss for the tachometer and speedo cables for a rhd 1972 PI, I see there are two lengths. Out of interest, why is that? 

I think I can figure out what I need from the old ones (I seem to have the shorter tacho cable but the longer of the two speedo cable options for some reason). But I couldn’t figure out why there were two different lengths. 

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark!

This is only supposition as the longer cable makes it easier to remove and fit the tachometer, this also applies to the speedo cable without grazing up the back of your hand?