PI Metering Unit Supply Hose

I am converting my 71 CP back to PI. I have purchased a metering unit supply hose from Revington, but I am not confident that the hose is going to seal against the union on the metering unt - see attached pic. The original hose (still on car) has a flat face inside. any input would be most welcome.

thanks.

Mark.

IMG_0151.jpg

The male conical hose should match up with the female union on the metering unit. There is a mesh filter in the metering union which needs pulling out and cleaned. Be careful as it is some kind of plastic.

Hope this helps.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter 

I think that's how it's meant to be Mark. The male convex part approximates to a "line" contact with the conical female, so with reasonable torque on the thread you get very high contact pressure. The small amount of elasticity in the metal means it seals. Well, something like that!

Cheers, Richard

48 minutes ago, harrytr5 said:

The male conical hose should match up with the female union on the metering unit. There is a mesh filter in the metering union which needs pulling out and cleaned. Be careful as it is some kind of plastic.

Hope this helps.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter 

Thanks Harry, It is a refurbed metering unit, so I guess the filter will have been cleaned / renewed.

4 minutes ago, Spit_2.5PI said:

I think that's how it's meant to be Mark. The male convex part approximates to a "line" contact with the conical female, so with reasonable torque on the thread you get very high contact pressure. The small amount of elasticity in the metal means it seals. Well, something like that!

Cheers, Richard

Thanks Richard.

1 hour ago, Mark Ogram said:

I am converting my 71 CP back to PI. I have purchased a metering unit supply hose from Revington, but I am not confident that the hose is going to seal against the union on the metering unt - see attached pic. The original hose (still on car) has a flat face inside. any input would be most welcome.

thanks.

Mark.

IMG_0151.jpg

Hi Mark

Having looked at both your male and female fittings, they look correct to me and the nylon filter is in your M/U as shown by the brownish ring! If you want to remove it undo the big nut using a ring spanner only on the M/U! But be careful as they are a bit delicate and they are not produced anymore.

Bruce

1 hour ago, astontr6 said:

Hi Mark

Having looked at both your male and female fittings, they look correct to me and the nylon filter is in your M/U as shown by the brownish ring! If you want to remove it undo the big nut using a ring spanner only on the M/U! But be careful as they are a bit delicate and they are not produced anymore.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce.