Interior trim removal.

I'm trying to refurbish various parts on my 1980 DHC but can't get at them as the rear trim won't budge. I need access to the tops of the rear shocks but I can't get the big trim panel behind the seats out, nor the plastic 'cups' that the hood folds down into (which are stopping the rear trim from sliding out), as the curved carpeted side trims are in the way, but I can't work out how to remove those. I hope all of these can be removed without removing the hood mechanism?

Hi Ulster,

All the trim pieces are held in by small black self tapper type screws, the two buckets by the hood mechanism are held in by four screws at the bottom edge and one more right at the top of the B post - take care they are easy to break.

The big flat board is held down by the rear bulkhead panel at the front and then all three of the trim panels that sit at the bottom of the hood, again with self tapping screws through the hardboard panels - these may just pull off. ( I have remade all of mine with flexible plastic panelling which will be weather proof.

Hope this helps

Cheers

ian