TR-6 Hardtop

Yes this is also my understanding. 

Tim

As above I don't believe  the hardtop changed (other than maybe headlining options) during the production of the cars. It would even fit on a TR5 if you wanted. The v expensive TR4/5 Hardtop / surrey will also fit the TR6.

All this talk of hardtops encouraged me to fit mine. Its like driving a different car when its fitted. Shame its such a pain to quickly swap between the hard to and the soft top.

I think I will leave mine on the car as I like it so much. Being able to park somewhere an lock the car is also a bonus.

Regards

Chris

Edited by TRsixchris

Weight of an alloy lid for the Michelotti top kit is ~ 12# with trim ;). Net weight in excess of the soft top kit alternative ~ 7-9 lbs. Genius.

The lengths TRIUMPH went to save weight are unsung IMO.

Were I a bigger fan of the Karmann rendered TR6 I'd have to have its hardtop too ( though IIRC TRIUMPH designed that ). 

Cheers,

Tom