Heater blower only working on low setting

My TR6 after a 28 year lay up got back on the road last year after a lot of work and I've driven over 2,000 miles in it since

I'm just now trying to sort out some of the more minor issues with it

I've fitted the upgraded heater valve and also last week replaced the metal bulk head heater plate as my old one was very corroded and I could not get one heater rubber pipe to stop weeping...Thats all sorted and its dry now

This afternoon I used the heater blower for the first time! ....Its a pull out switch that has 3 settings ...Off, Low and High

Mine seems to work in OFF ok and on LOW (the fan runs) but when I pull it out to the High setting the fan appears to switch off

Does anyone have any ideas please on how I should start tracking down what might be causing this please? Thankyou

Edited by jogger321

I tested my switches during the major rebuild. Several had high resistance, and after spraying some contact spray, they were ok, and worked properly.

Waldi

If it works like my 74, and i believe it does, the low speed is accomplished by including a resistor in the path to the motor, while high speed is run direct.  If the motor runs at the low switch setting, it implies that the resistor and motor are good.  This just leaves the switch and the high-speed wire and it's connections.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I've sorted it!. The switch was wired incorrectly at the back....I think its possibly me that did it that way when was driving the car every day 30 years ago!....Couldnt afford a workshop manual in those days and probably thought that looks about right!

Anyway I got the wiring diagram out yesterday and changed a couple of the wires over and now its howling a gale at high speed like a good 'un !