Windscreen side bracket

I had my windscreen side brackets, the bits the windscreen attaches to the body with, chromed. Unfortunately it appears the chrome is so thick the screen won't slide home into position.

Does anybody have a pair of old ones I could buy?

This does happen occasionally, What you can do is grind the channel in the stanchions out a little bit to fit, I have had to do this to fit later stanchions to earlier side plates. Luckily when fitted its not noticeable

Stuart.

32 minutes ago, stuart said:

This does happen occasionally, What you can do is grind the channel in the stanchions out a little bit to fit, I have had to do this to fit later stanchions to earlier side plates. Luckily when fitted its not noticeable

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. A local owner suggested the same.

My problem with doing that right now is that I am a bit concerned the new paint job on the car may also be contributing to my problem, too much paint may resulted in the brackets being too far apart. Grinding the stanchions may add to my problems if that is the case.

Do not forget the stanchions are matched to their brackets. They have a number letter combination stamped on bracket and stanchion that should be the same.   Matching the profile shape when the two are assembled is a factor to consider.

Since repainting my car and rebuilding a rechromed screen I now slack the 3 screws that hold one  stanchion to the frame when fitting/removing the screen.  Makes for more clearance.

Peter W

13 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Do not forget the stanchions are matched to their brackets. They have a number letter combination stamped on bracket and stanchion that should be the same.   Matching the profile shape when the two are assembled is a factor to consider.

Since repainting my car and rebuilding a rechromed screen I now slack the 3 screws that hold one  stanchion to the frame when fitting/removing the screen.  Makes for more clearance.

Peter W

Good advice. I'll try it.

6 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Good advice. I'll try it.

Loosening the stanchion screws worked. The car reached a milestone today with the addition of the windscreen and yet again the assistance of members here has been invaluable.

Mount the other front overrider, windscreen wipers and fit the Commission plate (TS3732O) and she can get registered (MOT'd) on Historic plates. It has been 2 years 3 months since I bought her in pieces.

Once that is done the upholstery can go in to make her usable. Finishing touches will take a quite bit longer.

IMG_3262 (4).JPG

IMG_3263 (6).JPG

IMG_3264 (4).JPG

5 minutes ago, brenda said:

That looks really good credit to you, looks like you have loads of room in your garage.

Mike. Redrose group 

It is a good garage. I can fit another TR type car in there. Just saying ....

We went from a 5 bedroom house with a single carport to a small 3 bedroom house with an 8 metre by 7.5 metre garage. I'm happy and we are closer to the grand kids so mum is also happy.