First Injection Start Up

Having fitted an entire new/re-furbished injection system I have put a couple of gallons of V Power in and cranked the engine with the plugs out. I have petrol at the injectors with some pressure when pulling out the needles but no spray as yet. Is this likely to be air bubbles in the new pipework etc. as I have cranked a fair few minutes. I do not have a pressure gauge but the diaphram  PRV from Revington has been set according to their instructions to give a roughly correct pressure. 

Rob

Hi Robert,

I had the same. I took out all six, and held them in one hand, all vertical up to all bubbles would move up in the end.

Switched pump on, and vented them one at a time, on some little soap bubbles came, cranked the engine just a couple of turns (2nd person), while holding the injectors vertical and repeated the bleeding, until no more bubbles came out.

then installed injectors and plugs and it fired up, more or less,  and after 1 minute or so on all 6.

whole exercise took about 1 hr, so have full battery (I left the charger on the battery).

Waldi

Disconnect the coil and leave the pump running for half an hour this will purge most of the air before you start otherwise you`ll need a starter rebuild.

Stuart.

+1 for Stuarts comment.

Went through similar a few months ago. Leaving the pump running with coil disconnected cleared most of the air. A couple were problematic, removed the injectors, held upright then put in a jar until a good spray.

Just be careful with petrol spraying around.

Good Luck

Dave

Job done the car started first time, a couple of injectors were dripping a bit but starting up seems to have succeeded. Just need to get the pressure checked, thank you all.

Rob

Very good, I had the same dripping (leaking); Which I think is normal: pump runs at 105 PSI, injectors open at much lower pressure.

Waldi