Rear exhaust box rattle

I have a rattle in my rear backbox or should I say I think it's in the back box !

Has anyone local to me got one sitting in their garage that I could try before I send mine back to the manufacturer to save looking like a fool.

It's not the clamps rattling.....been all over the car ,

Len

I have a spare backbox from a single pipe big bore system here in Chertsey if thats close enough Len

its a mild steel ( ugly) one but solid!

Edited by Steves_TR6

ok,,,so i got my youngest daughter Sinead out today to have a listen , she declares the noise is in the middle of the car, so i check everything is tight , and it is.  I have now taken off the clamp to gearbox , it was tight , and the noise is gone ! doesnt make any sense to me , but to be honest i dont care much as the noise is gone ....a good day !

Len

Len

If your car has a J type overdrive the gearbox exhaust bracket is very flimsy and will bend if you ground the exhaust on a speed bump, it then hold the exhaust against the chassis which results in a rattle. 

Best thing you can do with the bracket is throw it in the bin

George