LENHAM hard tops are probabaly the most common, although I believe there are a couple of American Varieties around.

The Lenham comes up from time to time on Ebay: usually with a car attached!

My recommendation is buy the lot and re-sell the car!

Maxwell :)

Contact Rimmer Brothers on 01522 568000 for new or try S&S or Robsport for a possible secondhand unit. (S&S on 01706 874874 or Robsport on 01763 262263). They do however appear to be as scarce as rocking horse droppings!

Gary :P

Contact Rimmer Brothers on 01522 568000 for new or try S&S or Robsport for a possible secondhand unit. (S&S on 01706 874874 or Robsport on 01763 262263). They do however appear to be as scarce as rocking horse droppings!

Last one I saw on ebay three weeks ago sold for £400, most of the way to a new good fitting softy.

They do look pretty odd I think, very square at the back.

Guest wedge fan
The Lenham comes up from time to time on Ebay: usually with a car attached!

My recommendation is buy the lot and re-sell the car!

Maxwell :)

Or you could end up buying the lot and trying to restore the car it came on! :blink:

The one I bought in Wiltshire a couple of years ago saw me part with £165, It is in pretty good shape but could have done with new rubbers on the glass (still could in fact). It came with the necessary brackets and included the handles. Something to watch as one on ebay recently sold for £200 but had no brackets or handles! Buyer beware I think the saying is!

Cheers

Mine came in at £100 \ including glass sunroof! Private Sale: the previous owner approached me at a Car Show.... It needed the headlining replacing, but was otherwise in good order. Signed by Harris Mann at last years International, it must be worth £101:50 now! Maxwell :rolleyes:

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this old Lenham advert in a 1980 CCC magazine, crikey they were expensive back then!

I bought one off Ebay last year for £180 and not bad nick so pleased with that.

Ref the fitting, instead of the "J" bolts for the rear mounts you can use good cable ties, works a treat.

Lenham1_zps5b748111.jpg

Lenham2_zps63c04a52.jpg

That looks pretty well like the one I have sunroof and the side windows look identical,Wow that advert sure looks dated!

I'm pretty sure that the mounting is with J bolts.