Missing a steering lock stop

55 minutes ago, Tr4aJim said:

I went on the TRF site to order new stops, but found that stops for a Tr4a (142403) are NLS. However they do list stops for a Tr6 (156111). Will these work on my car?

Jim

They will but they will be the centre drilled ones.

Stuart.

Bob, thank you, but unfortunately I do not have any machining equipment (or skill). Also based on what Stuart and Tim mentioned, (and the remaining stop I have), it seems like Triumph began abandoning the eccentric stop with the Tr4a by giving it a subtle offset, and no offset at all with the Tr6. However I will be careful to align the trunnion bolt/nut during reassembly, as Stuart described.

Jim

47 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Easy enough to make a pair up, I can do you a drawing if you like (of TR3 ones, which should be the same, ie eccentric hole.)

Bob.

BTW The 4a ones are taller than 2/3/3a/early 4 ones.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Just an interesting footnote - Moss US also lists the TR4a stop as NLS. Yet Moss UK does list the part. However the Moss UK part number is 156111, which is the Tr6 stop. Rimmers and Revington also lists the stop as part 156111. I guess the stop originally fitted to the Tr4a (142403) is no longer produced.

Jim

44 minutes ago, Tr4aJim said:

Just an interesting footnote - Moss US also lists the TR4a stop as NLS. Yet Moss UK does list the part. However the Moss UK part number is 156111, which is the Tr6 stop. Rimmers and Revington also lists the stop as part 156111. I guess the stop originally fitted to the Tr4a (142403) is no longer produced.

Jim

Correct and hasnt been for at least 25 yrs as it wasnt available when I restored mine back then. I had one missing and a local engineer made me one.

Stuart.

8 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

156111 are the concentric type - non adjustable - fit and forget (?)

Peter W

+1

excentric is 50% safety, only one don't work,

concentric is 200% safety, one alone can do the job, lose one and be happy anyway.

Edited by Z320
On 4/19/2019 at 3:34 PM, Lebro said:

Easy enough to make a pair up, I can do you a drawing if you like (of TR3 ones, which should be the same, ie eccentric hole.)

Bob.

The TR4A onwards ones are at least twice the height as side screen car lock stops. Peter W