TR250/TR4/4A Body roll over jig

Hi Guys,

I saw on YouTube a short video demonstrating the use of a scaffold pole/two Workmates to create a roll over jig which allowed a TR250 body shell to be rotated for easy access to the underside.

The video was apparently taken by a Dennis Hobbs in 2009 who it said was a register member.

Has there been any details posted of this frame on the Forum? I have conducted a search but with no result.

Unfortunately the video is a bit blurred but the basis of the frame can be determined and I can reproduce and use it for use on my TR4A restoration, but more detail would be nice.

Thanks 

Rich

Rich, Dennis is still an active member of our Devon group, I'll send him an email for you & ask him to look at your posting...

Rich,

Try searching "rollover jigs". I placed some images based on scaffold poles here.

Failing that send me a pm and I will send you some images. I have just dismantled my jig and would be happy to discuss with you especially as I am about 8 miles away from you in Broadmayne, Dorchester.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Guys ,

How about this simple rig to turn over a TR4/4A/250 or TR6 body shell by Cheftush  who uploads a lot of videos relating to working on TR's.

Seems pretty simple and stable. Not sure about the fixing to the B post though?   

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIT37D2HD8

regards 

Rich

On 4/15/2019 at 4:30 AM, rvwp said:

Hi Guys ,

How about this simple rig to turn over a TR4/4A/250 or TR6 body shell by Cheftush  who uploads a lot of videos relating to working on TR's.

Seems pretty simple and stable. Not sure about the fixing to the B post though?   

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIT37D2HD8

regards 

Rich

Hi Rich, 

A couple of different options for attaching to the b post. 

1.  You can use the three fender flange bolt locations on the back of the b post.

or. 

2.  Drill 3 holes through the b post and bolt through the b posts using large washers on the door closing side of the post.  I did this option as it was a little more solid and since I’m doing a full resto, I could just weld the holes shut when the jig is removed. 

Cheers

Tush

Hi Tush, thanks for the update/information. Great video diary's of your restorations, very usefull, thanks Rich