Hi Billie,

welcome to the forum.

Yes. But!!!!

TR Revington in Somerset do a logic box and a momentary on toggle switch. Not cheap but works.

I have made my own logic box and use an old overdrive switch converted to a push button.  Cheap and works.

Are you able to make things, solder, invent etc etc.

Roger

I searched the “how to fit one” wiring. 

Didnt realise it was to make one. 

Here is the fitting instructions

http://crislor.de/TR/FI006 logic device1.doc

This is to buy a revington one

https://www.revingtontr.com/product.asp?productid=rtr1001k&affiliateid=

And some random eBay product. 

Triumph TR6, Stag, 2500 Overdrive Logic Controller https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254177349279

H

Edited by Hamish
Sp

If you are up for making your own overdrive controller go to www.worldphaco.net. You will find instructions how to make one and how it is wired into the overdrive circuit. I have made one for each of my TRs, both have A type overdrives and they work very well. Each one cost me less than a tenner. Thoroughly recommended.

Graham

I have just fitted the "random eBay product" and it works great.  

Tim

2 hours ago, SteveB21 said:

+1 for the eBay product. Fitted one to my TR6 a couple of years ago. Easily fitted and works well. 

Cheers

Steve

Where does this unit go, under the bonnet?

cheers Daz

Fits in the foot well

2 hours ago, cvtrian said:

That ebay overdrive logic controller is made by one of our CVTR members, he is an electronics whiz!
Ian

Wish I’d known :rolleyes:

Mine is fitted under the dash, under the tacho, with the LED warning light fitted into the H frame - see photo (it is the orange light between the fan override switch and my immobiliser LED.  If I recall correctly, you can access the instructions from the eBay ad.

Cheers

Steve

IMG_1425.JPG

50 minutes ago, SteveB21 said:

Mine is fitted under the dash, under the tacho, with the LED warning light fitted into the H frame - see photo (it is the orange light between the fan override switch and my immobiliser LED.  If I recall correctly, you can access the instructions from the eBay ad.

Cheers

Steve

IMG_1425.JPG

Ok thanks Steve.

I quite fancy one of these, but am a little confused.....

you engage overdrive with the standard switch, say in 3rd gear

you change up to 4th, the unit disengages overdrive

you want to rengage overdrive, but the switch is still set to ‘on’

do you have to switch ‘off’ then back ‘on’ again ?

steve

Hi Steve,

the Revington box uses a momentary on switch in place of the standard switch.

Mine has a montary puch button on a stalk in place of the standard switch

The Ebay item does say that the push button is included - how it is fitted I do not know,

Roger

Hi Steve,

the Google instructions state that you have to move the standard on and off !!!

When the controller has disengaged the overdrive the overdrive on-off switch
must be moved to the off position before the overdrive can be re-engaged.

That is a bit of an inconvenience.

Roger

30 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Steve,

the Google instructions state that you have to move the standard on and off !!!

When the controller has disengaged the overdrive the overdrive on-off switch
must be moved to the off position before the overdrive can be re-engaged.

That is a bit of an inconvenience.

Roger

Thanks Roger

and what happens when you park up, having left the switch ‘on’ but the overdrive is ‘off’ 

next time you drive off and engage 2nd/3rd is the overdrive on or off??

steve

I have had Tim's logic controller in my TR6 for a very long time and using the standard OD switch. It is not an inconvenience to have to move the OD switch to the off position before the OD can be re-engaged again. Usually what happens is I change gear, remember that I was in OD and move the switch to off. I installed the controller behind the side trim in the footwell and the idiot light LED in the central dash support. I love this thing.

Stan

I looked at all the overdrive logic unit options in some detail and eventually fitted one brought from Tim Walker in preference to the Revington unit.

He also is an electronics engineer(and owns a TR I believe). Its a small module and can be fitted anywhere, and has an option for wiring as a momentary switch which I think is better. I removed the stalk switch and wired an illuminated momentary switch in the top of the gear knob. Press the switch once to engage overdrive in 3rd and 4th. Press again to disengage. It will automatically disengage the overdrive firstly when you go through the gate if you forget to hit the switch. But, what I really like is if you want to change without disengaging overdrive simple hold down the momentary switch whilst changing gear and it stays in overdrive. Of course it automatically disengages overdrive if you go to 2nd, 1st or more importantly reverse as the gearbox selector switches prevent this happening. It comes with a blue LED and protection diode to indicate that the overdrive module has switched, but I added additionally protection circuitry and another LED across the actual overdrive solenoid to check that it actually pulls-in and drops- out. Can share all my wiring/ circuitry if anyone is interested, and other contact details for Tim Walker?

Tim Walker: www.triumph-tr6.co.uk

Cheers, Colin.