Guildford Motor Club

If anyone is a member of the Guildford Motor Club

On 19 May they are having a road event in memory of my dad David Roscoe a founding member and first club sec and club bulletin editor/writer.

i plan to be there in my 3a to help them celebrate, why don’t you come too. I don’t think it’s limited to members but would think members have first dibs  or join the club !

Details here

http://www.guildfordmotorclub.org.uk/

H

3402D5CC-CD44-46A1-9B8C-9D97AE7EF1E0.jpeg

C5F390D8-D76F-4489-A184-8BB452975AC5.jpeg

91F2F487-1C03-4BAA-95C0-5BACA6DB367F.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Sp
24 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

I enjoyed reading the obituary on the Guildford Motor Club page Hamish. Your Dad was clearly a very active person, I surprised he found time for work. 

Rgds Ian

Yeah he never stopped. What ever he did, he threw himself into it to do the best he could. And that always meant he quietly was at the top of his game. 

All I would say is write a list of all your exploits so those that are left has something to go at. 

Luckily mum was able to help but she has had an amazing life but I know it was in support of him and the family rather than her own direction and aspirations. 

Hamish

The regulations for the event state "Any person may enter the event, no Club membership is required."

If the diary is clear and the start not too early (travelling from North London) will try and join in. Used to live in those parts and its a lovely part of the country for a Sunday drive.

Miles

I plan to be there with my 3a. It’s a wonderful thing that they are honouring dad in such a way. 

Ill be trailering down the day before I think if I can find a place to stay that will look after my car and trailer !

h