Needles and jets

That moment when you realise your engine is not receiving any fuel because you are trying to insert a 0.100" needle into a 0.090" jet.....

Silly me for buying US spec jets for my US live axle TR4A. After dismantling them several times to try to understand how they work (or don't work), I noticed the tag read AUD209.

But why?

choke in.jpg

choke out.jpg

Ah but I can make you feel even better then - having removed my K&N filters and placed them under the car, out of harms way, I then proceeded to push the car over them thinking that the resistance was due to the tyres being a little flat........if there is a silver lining, it's that I read on this forum that K&Ns might not be the way to go......either way, mine are now more than a little crinkly.

Can you beat that?

1 minute ago, ricky30dk said:

Ah but I can make you feel even better then - having removed my K&N filters and placed them under the car, out of harms way, I then proceeded to push the car over them thinking that the resistance was due to the tyres being a little flat........if there is a silver lining, it's that I read on this forum that K&Ns might not be the way to go......either way, mine are now more than a little crinkly.

Can you beat that?

Flat pancake filters then !! :wacko:

i feel your pain. Been there done something like that !!

Hi Ricky,

I have a catalogue of cock-ups - I suppose you would call it a cockalogue.

They are mine and that's where they stay.   Except I will admit to having burning trainers whilst welding and also setting light to steel wool in the garage.

Roger

Ahh   burning trainers  now that I can identify with,  and hopping about when a blob of molten steel melts its way through to your foot !

Bob.

Ahh many many years ago as a teenager I was standing on a large Swarfega tin doing some welding  through the hole in the boot floor of a car where the fuel tank had been as the car was stuck on a ramp at height for some reason or other.

Only after I felt some warmth  around my legs,  did I realise that it was not a good idea to a) stand on a tin  :huh: in the first place and  b) to use the empty tin I'd just drained the fuel out of the tank in to, to be able to remove said tank:o. Thankfully it was only the residue as I emptied the fuel in to a proper fuel canister.  

Only pride hurt and a lesson learned.

Mark