Hi all

Having just got a very good 4a Im in need of a surrey top for it .I have put a wanted add on the register classified list but thought I would also add it onto

the forum. If anyone has a complete surrey top at a reasonable price please will you let me know. Also I will be fitting a front anti roll bar and will be looking

for a second hand TR6 radiator lower shield that it bolts to. I look forward to taking to you all through the forum in the coming years

Chris

Hi Chris,

Try the Flyingenglishmen on EBay. The last time I was up at his workshop he had a couple of Surrey’s in his store and he may well have a TR6 rad shield as well. His email address is Flyingenglishmen @hotmail.com.

Graham

Hi all 

Thanks for the replies it seems original surrey top are rare thanks for the info on fibre glass ones Roger was surprised how cheap the are however now waiting for rimmer bros

to get them back in stock has anyone fitted these types?

David where abouts are you as would be interested in one of you shields if your local to me

Chris

1 minute ago, trchris said:

Hi all 

Thanks for the replies it seems original surrey top are rare thanks for the info on fibre glass ones Roger was surprised how cheap the are however now waiting for rimmer bros

to get them back in stock has anyone fitted these types?

David where abouts are you as would be interested in one of you shields if your local to me

Chris

They should be in stock with all the usual suspects by the end of the month.... :) 

23 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Chris,

rather than wait for Rimmers why not contact Honeybourne direct  http://honeybournemouldings.co.uk/

Roger

They are quoting same lead times Roger.... But they have lots of back orders to fulfil too... 

I  have a Honeybourne rear section with a steel roof and by buying the frame separate and an uncut rear screen and the original rubber and finisher it can be made to look exactly as per an original ally frame as the Complete Honeybourne ones are noticeably different.

Stuart.

Welcome to the wonderful world of 4A ownership Chris. Can you not just drill the existing radiator shield to sit the ARB U bolts?

Tim

The TR6 rad shield is more amenable to fitting the ARB as it has a large flat area to bolt things onto.

The TR4A shield is an 'L' shape, the TR6 is a dodgy Z shape.

If you already have the ARB and the 4A shield then it would be pretty clear how well it would fit.  Give it a go.

Roger