Lockheed Rear Brakes

I have just had my 9" rear brake shoes relined by Saftek, and now I cannot fit the drums back on again even with the adjuster at minimum. 

The Saftek invoice shows that they have used 225x45x4.8 material, does anyone know what thickness the lining material should be as the only thing I can think of , is that the Saftek material is too thick.

Thanks.

Keith

Hi Lou,

Good advice from Roger, and also a bit of house keeping for you to do.

Almost every forum in use is scanned by autobots (automated computers) set up by scammers and ne'er do wells, if you publish your e mail address, phone number or house address it will shortly have been copied and sold around the world allowing scammers and fraudsters the chance to hack into your accounts, (you probably use the same address for banking and other business purposes, ...if not well done.). Difficult for you to do anything about it now because this thread will run and run and be available for Google to access for searches for ANY enquiries by the general world wide public for aeons.

If you are a worldly computer expert who has an integrated and sophisticated software which bounces your published e mail address through 3 continents and then onto the dark web before being assimilated for viewing and even now you've taken over my webcam and are viewing me as I type then I apologise, and as only a lowly computer user I'd suggest having a word with one of our moderators (report the thread) and ask if it can be closed or deleted in entirety and it's content republished under another thread posting heading which doesn't carry your e mail address.

best regards  Mick Richards

'Linishing'. Thought that was a typo for 'finishing' until I looked down at the keyboard! As a 'desk jockey' I never stop learning from this Forum. Now need to find an excuse to use my new word.

Miles