Hi Gary

welcome to the forum. 

Informative first post. 

How much do you want ?

any pictures ?

where are you based ?

looking forward to your contributions to the forum  

Thanks

Jo from the office said for me to initially see is anyone was interested so I was asked to put just a little post on the forum.

I have done 145 photos which I have added onto https://www.getpatina.com/vehicles/FmbZn7GMjD

Price wise I am open to a bid to buy it. I see that there is a car in primer advertised for £14800 in Copenhagen and another in the Netherlands that looks horrible and needing a considerable amount of work including the chassis, a seized engine advertised for £4225. Both of these are LHD cars and are advertised on the carandclassic web site. I think my car is in a condition halfway between these two cars so I would think value wise it should be halfway between the two also. I am based near Hull. 

I bought the car to restore with a friend of mine who has the facilities and knowledge to do it. I unfortunately have none of the aforementioned and nearly a year later its still in the same spot and I would love to see it be back on the road as it is a solid enough vehicle to make good. The restoration work was started by the previous owner who had bought it as his final restoration project. Unfortunately at 70 years old he became too ill to do it which is why he sold it. He has done a nice job of doing suspension bits and getting all the parts into labelled boxes. 

Is it something you would have an interest in buying or do you know anyone for it?

Many thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

Sounds like an interesting project for someone.

As well as posting here also put it on the General forum (you may tempt a TR3 or 6 owner)

Give your location in the country.  Do NOT post phone numbers/email/address etc   use the PM facility - click on a persons avatar and it opens a message box.

Give a rough price you are interested in and half a dozen pics.

When posting a pic keep it to 100kb per pic.

Go to the box in bottom left corner  click on 'choose file'

Good luck

Roger

Hi Guys

I see this car went for £5500 on 'themarket.co.uk'  auction site.  Thought about the car, but with three TR6 restorations under my belt and knowing the hidden problems,  looking at all the photo's it needed a brave person with plenty of skills and deep pockets to make a nice car out of this one. Previous restoration  work seemed a bit off, especially the use of brazing rather than welding!

Good luck to the buyer.

Rich

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...