TR5 Surrey top rear screen seal

Can someone please tell me what is involved in changing the rubber seal that is between the rear screen and the rear deck? I can see that seals are available. Is it a difficult or easy job? Thanks.

Some seals are better than others. Mine was from Moss and the problem was getting the rubber even around the top.

Eventually I pre-tightened the top with just enough gap to get the rubber over the lip of the top and eased it in with rubber grease and an old credit card so as not to scratch the paint .

I have used the TRF supplied seal whose profile is the lowest I've seen. It has an H section so you may want to fill the bottom groove with butyl rubber caulk to ensure it spreads rather than doubles up. I use 3M Weatherstripping cement on the bottom and rear of the frame lip.

IMA 68 TR ALBUM COMPLETE 043.jpg

48 minutes ago, TR5 Surry top rear screen said:

Can someone please tell me what is involved in changing the rubber seal that is between the rear screen and the rear deck? I can see that seals are available. Is it a difficult or easy job? Thanks.

I also found the Moss rubber quite stiff.

The TR Revington seal was excellent.

You need to slacken off the frame fastenings in order to raise the frame. The seal should/may just slot in.

Roger