Rear Spring Poly Spacers

Hi, I'm overhauling the rear suspension new springs(standard), bushes, brackets  etc and need to lower the near-side a bit to match the off-side.

When I removed the old springs the off-side had a 25mm steel spacer fitted, I assumed to compensate for a sagging off-side spring, however when I fitted the new springs with  poly spacers top and bottom  the ride height is correct on the off-side but too high on the near-side and noticable ( 25mm higher), which lead me to believe the original spacer was not for a saggy spring but something not quite right between the chassis and body..

To over come this I have ordered slightly lower (3/4") springs and intend to add a 0.625 inch ally spacer on the off-side, my question is, if I want to lower it even further is it essential there are poly spacers both  top and bottom of the spring?

Thanks Phil

Phil, 

I would install the poly spacers (I did) since the reduce contact noise.

Waldi

Thin and thick poly insulators are available which will help to correct differences in height too.

Stuart.