Engine mounts - slot direction?

Hi all

Is there a right and wrong way for the slots on the engine mounts? Attached picture showing my old “soggy” mounts arranged as they came off, with mounting slots vertical. Is this correct, so I should put my new mounts on the same way, with slots going vertically?

Many Thanks

Steve

098E88E7-6CBC-40F7-A00A-FD0F6767382D.jpeg

I’d be tempted to fit them with the slots horizontal so that the slots can take up any horizontal misalignment. If the slots are fitted vertically the weight of the engine will set them at the lowest position and the slot will serve no purpose. 

As Nick says, the holes are slightly oval / slotted in a vertical direction, as they came off the car, but I'm wondering if the new ones should really be mounted with the slots horizontal as Andrew suggests - as per this photo...

Cheers

Steve

IMG_1395.JPG

Mystery solved - I rang Revington (the supplier). The slots are there because the mounts are supplied for other cars (Stag, TR7) as well as the TR6, so the slots give some flexibility in mounting if required - there is no "wrong" way to fit so long as the engine doesn't foul the chassis / bonnet , etc. I just fitted my new ones with slots vertical and all's well.

Cheers

Steve