Oil Pressure light switch for a Grinnall TR7v8

The oil pressure light switch on my Grinall TR7v8 has failed - it's dripping oil everywhere. It's an SD1v8 with a 3 terminal switch with only 2 wires going to it.The 3 terminal switches are difficult and expensive to get.

Looking at the TR7 wiring diagram I think I could use a 1 terminal switch. Does anyone know the part number for a 1 terminal switch which will fit?

Not wanting to appear pedantic - I don't know the TRs well enough yet - but do you mean the sensor rather than the switch? If I know that's what you mean I can look for an alternative more easily.

Edited by UlsterTR7

I don't know the TR7 but Jeeps use a three wire switch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/56028807AA-Oil-Pressure-Switch-Car-Oil-Pressure-Sensor-for-Dodge-Jeep-Chrysler/143094700901?hash=item21511bdb65:g:I8kAAOSwzrBawZET

Some Cummins Engines use a three wire switch, and I have vague memories of a BMW three wire switch. 

Hope it helps,

Alan

From memory the three connection oil pressure switch on the Rover SD1 etc is used to indicate low oil pressure but also acts as a safety device in an accident when  the engine stops and the ignition is left on. The switch senses no oil pressure when the engine stops and cuts the power to the fuel pump. When starting the engine power is fed to the pump via the switch fed from the starer solenoid. As soon as the starer is released the pump will continue to be powered and the engine run if there is enough oil pressure , or if no oil pressure, the pump will not get power. ie. not run the pump.

Having wired X2  TR7 V8s of mine in the past, on one I  added wiring to the 7 harness

to be able to have the three connection safety facility of no oil pressure, no feed to the fuel pump, and on the other fitted the single terminal switch using just one connection as standard TR7.

Hope this helps?

Regards

David

I've ended up with FAE 11320. This has a 1/4 x 18 NPTF taper thread and fits very nicely.

I believe the STC1404 has a 1/2 UNF and fits other or later engines.

Thanks to all for your help.

Al