Racetorations water pump

Hi Folks,

looking at changing my water pump has any body fitted one of these, not cheap but looking long term.

Racetorations Lightweight Water Pump and Pulley, Billet 6 Cylinder

code:COL311

From £220.00

( £264.00 inc. VAT

Thanks

Michael

56 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Hi Michael

Personally I do not see the need for such an “upgarade” especially at that price.What I would recommend is getting your existing pump rebuilt, rather than buying the examples supplied by the usual retailers.

Cameron

If your current pump is an original and capable of being rebuilt,

Hi Michael,

My TR6 CP was fitted with a Racetoration aluminium uprated waterpump when I bought it 10 years ago.  It has been functioning without any problems since, but probably a standard waterpump would have done the same. 

Cheers,

Tim

I prefer to avoid alumin(i)um bits in the cooling circuit for my TRs. Corrosion is just a matter of when, not if. The only such part mine have is the thermostat housing, and sure enough every one I've ever seen is corroded on the inside and where the hose fits over it.

To me, the alloy radiators are the worst idea in the TR aftermarket realm. Never have I seen a claim they carry off more heat, and if I needed more capacity than the original gives I'd get a larger brass/copper radiator from a salvage yard first. The repro brass/copper one does just fine on my Webered '250 for over a decade now.

Our iron blocks and heads will win out over alloy ones in the long run as ravenous corrosion takes its toll on them and not on ours. 

Cheers,

Tom

I recently bought a Water Pump online from MEV Spares for 39 quid online. Whilst I'm sure it would do the job...I'm disappointed that it doesn't look like my original one...in that it lacks a Nut on the end of the Pulley and the Bolt which you replace with a Nipple to grease it!

The MEV has a hole exposing the shaft but I can't see how one would grease it? So I won't be fitting it, preferring to contact EP-Services to see if they can replace the noisy bearings in my original one?

Edited by CP26309
addition