front suspension rebuild - 2

I tried the industry standard “Project Binky Oil Pan Leak Test”** and so far no leaks.

** (fill with gasoline, set on paper towels, check for leaks) B)

Hamish, the Tr4a Stanpart book shows a fitting on the trunnion,  but I believe it was superseded by the Tr250/Tr6 trunnion which doesn’t have one. I could be wrong though.

Jim

29 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Is it me or is a grease /oil filler missing ?

Thats the difference when the 4a/5/6 uprights came out as they have the grease nipple on the upright instead of the trunnion.

Stuart.

Marco, I find extreme proximity to the extractor manifold makes access to oil the rear generator bearing very awkward, do you have  a special trick? I resort to removing the generator and oiling it on the bench! 

Tim

1 hour ago, tim hunt said:

Marco, I find extreme proximity to the extractor manifold makes access to oil the rear generator bearing very awkward, do you have  a special trick? I resort to removing the generator and oiling it on the bench! 

Tim

HI, when I had a generator on my 4 I just used an oil can with a flexible tip and put a few squirts in whilst it was running, although I'm sure most of the oil did not fully make it in to the bearing it was better than nothing.

Mark

Hi Tim,

I tell you my secret: this is the oiler I use through the outlet manifold.

oiler.JPG.c034dd316d4e0d6ceb61dffb8550a6ea.JPG

I pump before using it until oil comes out to make shure the pipe is filled with oil, than a half shot.

In my opinion the biggest problem with the gerenator is the owner who never oils the rear bearing.

Ciao / Cheers, Marco