Front Brake Disc / Caliper Alignment issue

Hi All

I recently performed a complete front suspension rebuild, including replacing the brake discs. Once I refit the disc caliper, the disc is not aligning equally between the caliper. This is happening on both the left and right hand calipers. 

I also replaced the bearings and felt oil seal retainer (I trimmed the felt by half) within the hub. Is it possible that the hubs are not seated/tightened correctly? - please advise what I am missing.

Thanks

Dave

IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5161.JPG

Did you Scrape the paint off all mating surfaces before bolting all together?

Peter W

PS the assembly was designed not to have paint on mating surfaces like disc to hub, Caliper to bracket, bracket to v link

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Mike JOnes said:

I am just completing the rebuild of my front end and find the same problem with the callipers being off centre to the disc on both sides. Unfortunately the link referred to by Stuart on this post is not obtainable....could you repost please!

Thanks

Mike

Here you go Mike Front brakes

Stuart.

• 2 months later...

The pictorial does not make sense to me as the shim is out board with the bolt going through it and brackets, then through the the calliper to calliper bracket. I have shimmed these out between calliper and bracket to centralise. I do have a pair of no 7 but did not use and is in my box of spares that one day might be used but probably never.

Regards Harry

2 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

The pictorial does not make sense to me as the shim is out board with the bolt going through it and brackets, then through the the calliper to calliper bracket. I have shimmed these out between calliper and bracket to centralise. I do have a pair of no 7 but did not use and is in my box of spares that one day might be used but probably never.

Regards Harry

Its only a picture Harry, its obvious it goes between the caliper and the bracket or its not doing anything.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

Its only a picture Harry, its obvious it goes between the caliper and the bracket or its not doing anything.

Stuart.

Unless Harry is referring to the lock tab that sometimes get fitted.

Peter W

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/brake-system/front-brakes/front-brakes-tr2-4a.html#72

5A722C6A-6273-49E1-93CD-13967F15ABA9.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT