hazard switch TR5/TR250: am I missing something?

Hello, 

During the removal of my speedometer, I bumped into hazard rocker switch of my TR250.

The switch fell on the ground and I have found:

1. the switch knob, 

2. the copper round part

3 spring/plastic  part

I can't get the swich working again with these parts. Am I missing something or am I not that good  in solving puzzles?

Regards Henk

IMG_0493.JPG.fa1016a7f606ff39baab2b959ba0d603.JPGIMG_0494.JPG.6cfb182f1f8a97116f99605d447c0280.JPG

No it's the switch itself. . When I reassemble the switch it doesn't function as it's supposed to. I  can't seem to move the internal copper part up and down. The spring wobbles on the small round projection of the knob. I have the feeling something is missing here.

When i connect the terminals manually  the hazard lights are flashing.

Hi Henk,

if you clean the internal parts with fine sandpaper (like 320 or 400) and then apply some vaseline it may work.

Waldi

Thanks for the advice, but it made no difference.  I'm missing the click of the switch I had before in the 2 positions.The edge of the plastic fork on the side of the spring  is rough. Is it possible that something broke off?

IMG_0963.JPG.092a27beca89ad90847f12fb0f36ab96.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

With help from our Triumph friends from the Triumphexperience forum the problem is solved. I’m missing a small dish that fits in the spring. ( see  picture)  The next problem wil be finding  this very small part. My first try  was without results :-(.

thanks for you’re reactions

regards Henk 

0597AE67-F7FF-4A5C-A7A7-7E1383EB2594.jpeg

Good that you found the problem.

Maybe you can make one? Not sure if it needs to be plastic, otherwise a tiny srew could be a good starting point. That said, you can buy nylon (or other plastic) screws too.

Waldi