One owner TR2 for sale

Clearly used for Regulatory rallying and incorporating a Lucas RB310 voltage/amperage regulator as used used on Works cars. Not keen on those bonnet vents.

$40Ks worth  we'll have to see :D

Iain

A lovely car but:

The front left guard is the wrong shape in front of the wheel. It can be seen in the 1st and 2nd photos.

It looks like it has had a full body off resto at some stage.

The hinges are chromed, early TR2 hinges were originally body colour and I believe they should be so on this car.

Sliding window sidescreens are TR3A.

Apart from power brakes, alloy rocker cover, electrics (non original regulator), hose clamps and windscreen washer bottle the engine bay is superbly original.

A beautiful car, cheap at the current price.

Edited by John McCormack

only made $29950 which perhaps reflects the non-originality as stated above. At around £20k GBP it is a cheap enough TR. 

$2717 seems quite expensive for 1955 but then the exchange rate was less back in the day

Even though Hargety values do not carry much credence in the UK, this one came in at slightly under the Condition 2 value of $33k. About right, I'd say. Of course the actual sale had not yet been made when I looked last. Nice car at any rate.

Tom

Phenomenal car and cheap at the price; ~ 1/3 of restoration costs for one of these ( but it's a CA car after all ).

Ebay serves as free advertisement for most of the higher end examples ( they don't sell but get seen by thousands who can transact offline ).

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom Fremont said:

Phenomenal car and cheap at the price; ~ 1/3 of restoration costs for one of these ( but it's a CA car after all ).

Ebay serves as free advertisement for most of the higher end examples ( they don't sell but get seen by thousands who can transact offline ).

Tom

I agree but the cost of restoration has very little to do with the value of the car after the restoration.

Also agree with the cheap advertising that eBay listings provide.

Tom