Lighting Issues

need some help guys-searched and plenty have had issues before me but can't find a way forward.

I recently replaced the steering column bushes on my 1973 TR6 (a fun job, but that's another story!)

Since then I cannot get the headlights to work properly. I believe all the connectors are correct and the switchgear works fine. I have noticed there is no live feed to the column switch and I think it should be live through the red/brown wire that goes back to the dash light switch. The only live feed to the column switch is the thin brown "flash to pass" one, which is working. earth points all seem good 9unless there's one I don't know about)

Anyone any ideas?

Looking at the wiring diagram, there is a brown wire (N) going into it.

If that is dead then you need to go back to the multiway connector that joins the battery/Starter/Alternator.  Pull out the wires and clean them.

Roger

Well, since I had been dismantling the steering column the area where that multiway connector lives could have been disturbed. Having spent hours playing with switches and connections over the last day or two, I just gave the multiway connector a wiggle and everything came back to life.I'll take it apart and clean all the connections.

Thank you so much for that advice Roger-much appreciated!

Edited by tr6fan