Setting butterflies

Having what seems like hours trying to set my butterflies, just a little advise needed. 

I have since found out I shouldn't have cleaned my butterflies. Out ot the six only three are now allowing air past. 

I haven't tried this but if I loosen the screws and put a screwdriver in the groove on the upper part of butterfly and apply pressure the retighten screws will this help close up gaps. 

It's the right butterfly of all three manifolds that let air past. 

Mark

Edited by Mark69

Loosen off all 4 screws on each manifokd and snap shut a few times. Hold down and tighten them up. Providing the spindles aren't twisted this will help. However you may have to wait until they soot up again to get the rpm down on tick over.

Colin

Been there done that several times Colin, I have the idle down to 800 with air bleed screw open, started off 1200 closed. 

The brown book states that a 2 thou feeler guage should not be able to penertrat past butterfly, which i have achieved. But they still let by. 

Mark

Edited by Mark69

Mark,

I cleaned my TB’s (I did read it is not recommended too, but did not like the sooty inlets.

I have no issues with idle, can stall the engine with the idle air screw.

I did not use the 2 thou method on my CP bodies, they are fully shut, and the 3 little screws are loose.

when idle, the 3 ball linkages should be “free”, so not under stress, are they?

Waldi