had cause to open bonnet on TR^ , cable came detached,  sussed a neat easy way to opn it .... 10 minute job..

in drivers footwell, drill hole 3/8 ou under the battery tray.  from the right side of it there is a depression under the steering column,   from the nearest point of the pressing mark 2" toward the left and 2" forward of the depression. and drill up. don't need to go deep . the nearest hazard is the heater pipes, about an inch above.

next get a rigid bar about 15" long ( I used a long extension of a 1/4" drive socket set.. insert up.  to the left you feel the battery, . tip the bar to the right, you will feel metal , about 10" in. that is the release . lever it to the right.... pop.  done.  middle pic  footwell veiw, depression under steering, left pic( comes out by steering column)  3rd pic shows hole under release lever.  P1070128.thumb.JPG.26c26fef183013557926bb02061e1f3f.JPGP1070127.thumb.JPG.02563fd8386f0e796cdf1f2c43a3a79d.JPG

P1070126.JPG

Good save, could help someone who's cable goes. This is why early on in my ownership I fitted an emergency bonnet release (that I now use every time I want to open it)

Gareth