Not been running well for a while..... I messed around with points and changing condensers when (it now appears) problem was more fundamental; inside alloy casing is also scored on one side, so not been right for a while....

Just ordered Electronic from ‘SC’ at Crawley... Any advice, have I done the right thing? 

Thanks, Tony

BA2FB5A7-8E82-45BD-A2B3-202E79FF1E56.thumb.jpeg.ff0f1655560af9b012c30de3beb52b03.jpeg

Thanks Stuart, Roger,

Yes, will definitely get the original rebuilt and retain...But, will bolt on the ‘123 Ignition’ as soon as it arrives in a day or two - I think they are made in Holland? - I ran my Elan Sprint with older electronic ignition (you could not get under the huge webbers to adjust points) and that worked well... Although, just about everything else used to give me bother the majority of the time!

Go with Stuarts advice, a rebuilt Dizzy from Martin (Dizzy Dr) is the best way. 

He will tailor the rebuild to the engine, compression, cam, etc. 

No connection other than a very satisfied customer

Iain

Yes N.... He flogged me a super dooper coil also for an extra GBP 60+

And yes Iain, Dizzy Doc is universally recommended within TRR but (interestingly) not all the other old car circles?

Thanks all - I’m feeling much more positive now I have got to bottom of the issue and have both plan A & B