Inserting Trailing Arm Poly Bushes

Apologies if this seems an obvious questions, but I am in the process of fitting new Poly Bushes to the TA's and wondering when I pull them in, do I do it with the centre  S/Steel tube in place  or insert it after the bush is in?. 

Thanks Phil

It isn't an obvious question Phil because I tried it without the tube...they are like greased pigs ! at least fitting the tube gives them semblance of being solid matter and not out of Ghostbusters ! Tube fitted makes it reasonably easy.

Mick Richards 

Thanks Mick, that's this afternoons job, well it will be if Amazon deliver the silicon grease..

Regards Phil 

Just to add the contrary view Phil, I fitted the bushes first then pulled the metal tube in afterwards. Don't know if you need to do the wishbones as well, but if you do I found this video quite helpful.

Cheers,

Sean

I am with Sean on this one, I found it easier to get the bushes in first and then slide the metal bush in afterwards. The lack of metal bush gives the poly somewhere to compress into when the end flange it is being compressed. I used both the socket and vice method plus the threaded rod method, both were useful at different phases. Everything nice and clean and smooth and loads of silicon grease everywhere also helps.

Mick