Full weather gear

It was the RedRose group meeting yesterday. :D

The weather forecast was early snow, heavy rain and high winds.:o

so for the first time ( in my ownership 2016) I put the hood up and fitted the side screens. 

Suzie and I set off and the heater soon cleared the screen and it was quite snug in there. :)

Far at better than oulton gold cup day last year where I had to stop as I couldn’t see running with just aero screens in the rain :wacko:

7D0A2546-84A7-4C2E-AD21-C576ECC9BB9A.jpeg

2C78FDB6-FCCD-46BD-8225-D83806AB6430.jpeg

088025EF-2CC9-462D-8347-D6973FD3C843.jpeg

B8567D63-0330-4B32-A92A-A234CEB5A391.jpeg

Sorry Richard I can’t help you with that one. It was with the car when I bought it. 

H

On 3/11/2019 at 11:01 AM, Hamish said:

Far better than at oulton gold cup day last year where I had to stop as I couldn’t see running with just aero screens in the rain

Daily TR weather gauge, Hamish. Aeroscreen day? Sidescreen day? Full Mackintosh & waders? :)

This time last year, we grabbed the whole kit & kaboodle (plus Vredestein Snow tyres), and cannonballed across Cornwall in the "Beast" (the storm, not the car!).

TRsno1.thumb.jpg.10c58232c92020d31dab5e874261b68c.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers

Now that is serious classic motoring. White roads and everything. I take my bobble hat off to you sir :)

ill try and use mine most weathers

have done cold but not white roads. 

EF033DFD-D4C9-4069-A759-AA7ADBA94604.jpeg

4 hours ago, Deggers said:

Daily TR weather gauge, Hamish. Aeroscreen day? Sidescreen day? Full Mackintosh & waders? :)

This time last year, we grabbed the whole kit & kaboodle (plus Vredestein Snow tyres), and cannonballed across Cornwall in the "Beast" (the storm, not the car!).

TRsno1.thumb.jpg.10c58232c92020d31dab5e874261b68c.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Nice look Deggers and those tyres do the business:D

IMG_2844.thumb.JPG.6660b216819b064d46113be939ff3423.JPG

19 hours ago, iain said:

Nice look Deggers and those tyres do the business

They're great aren't they! Impressed me no end. Bags of traction, and seriously grippy in fresh snow. Great fun. (That's a cracking shot of your 3A by the way!)

23 hours ago, Hamish said:

Now that is serious classic motoring.

Just waiting for climate change to kick in, and we'll be down to the reservoir. :D

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers

Shall we have a winter series 

with these winter tyres ?

4x 185/65R15 Sarek Miva  Alaska Tyres 185 65 15 Shore60 Autograss Rally Track x4 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162519308301

Edited by Hamish
Auto correct

Back in the mid 80’s I spent 3 winter months working in Finland. The first weekend I was there I went for a drive and I spotted cars racing around a frozen lake. I went down to take a closer look and discovered it was typical weekend “Fun” for car minded Finns and that it was a free for all, anyone could go on the circuit in their everyday cars and play about. All the cars had spiked tyres, but still managed to go sideways at a blip of the throttle.

It was all very “Gentlemanly “. If you span off and got stuck on a snow bank, the next car that passed you would stop and help you get back on the track.

The only problem that I had was when I handed my expenses in at the end of my 3 month stay. The accounts department worked out that I’d done about 1000 miles in the company car and used about 100 gallons of petrol. I forget how I explained it away.

If any Finnish people are reading maybe they could say if the activity still happens, or maybe health and safety has prohibited such entertainment.

Charlie.

:o

sounds like a february scotland trip. 

Small print

this does not infer acceptance of any organising roll err Role!!.

Apparently, the Austrians have recently revived ice racing events near Salzburg, after an absence of forty five years  :):).

On January 20th, Porsche hosted the 2019 GP Ice Race on the lake at Zell am See, showcasing classic and modern sports cars ... and a return of the popular Austrian pastime of roping hitchhikers to the rear ends of Volkswagens :D.

Cheers, Deggers