Better Quality UJ

Hi all,

i need to change my UJ’s on rear sub axle (close to wheel). A friend who’s overseeing my ‘efforts’ has suggested I use some better ones, maybe from Land Rover as opposed to the standard replacement ones for a 4A.

Does anyone have experience with this ? What better quality ones has anyone used and where from please ??

Any help greatly appreciated... as always.

thanks 

Andy

Edited by TR4 AJJ
No glasses ....

Hi Andy,

I had a very close look on this some years ago.

The difference from standard to higher quality is the diameter an lenght of the pin on which the needles run.

The bigger and longer pins of the higher quality allows to base the torque and force on a larger surface.

I can recommend this to you.

"Landrover" u-joints you get in both qualities, the standard you realize by the black rubber caps,

the better one has no space for rubber caps and used caps made of stainless steel.

# is TVC 100010G

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

For those who want high capacity UJs and nice splines all done for you at a good price then I can recommend Proptech, 81, Hartlebury Trading Estate Kidderminster DY10 4JB,  on 01299 251247. No website - good old fashioned engineering company that mainly does industrial and commercial propshafts. Peek into their workshops and some of their stuff makes our propshafts and half-shafts look very puny. Very friendly and efficient service.

No connection but a satisfied customer over many years.

Mick