Yes, you do not want the shock absorber to limit the travel in either direction as this puts the bump load through the shock absorber, which can be high, and its not designed for it, nor is the mounting. I know that lack of SA travel has caused some SA failures or a cracked chassis. You don't want either. Careful measurement and testing without the spring in place is required, even with well proven kits as sometimes things can change during production. I suggest you need to prove that without springs or bump stops fitted there is no limitation of travel until at least 75% of the depth of the bump stop. 

Incidentally, are you are doing this for track use? 

Mick

Thanks for your replys  mick my is not a track car just weekend car  but pump stop back on and  guess what still banging when going over bad pumps  thanks billy

Hi Billy, are you talking about the upper or lower bump stops? 

The lower ones do nothing when telly shocks  are fitted but it is a good idea to use a telly mounting kit which uses the lower bump stop mount as a third fixing. This takes some strain off the bridge as it is then linked to the chassis in a triangulation. If the tele mountings don’t bolt to the bump stop bracket  it is possible to add a short link fixed to the telly mounts with one nut and bolt.

Chris