TR6 badge positioning

With my freshly painted rear wings looking good i need to fix the TR6 logos to the wings, the ones in front of the side indicators.

could someone help by measuring the position of the logos on an original car for me please.

ie, how far from the indicator to the first letter

and are the logos central to the indicator vertically?

thanks!

Hi Steves_6 ~

If the decals are vinyl? may I suggest that you immerse them in warm soapy water first and apply soapy water to the wing.

This way you can position the decal on the wing and then slide it about until you get it positioned correctly then apply a soft

cloth to get rid of any air bubbles then leave to dry.

Tom.

My T looks central and from the horizontal part of the T it’s 30mm from the Lens

ps don’t forget the decals  are opposite on the other side T first on the drivers side 6 on the nearside

Edited by Paul Hill

Here are a couple of picsIMG_3959.jpg.380b1ab09e7fa0156783cd757e90ec2c.jpgIMG_3960.jpg.13e62f1d8985080f5979b6358e5178b2.jpg

Steve,

Here's a close up of the original side badges fitted to Saffy (downloadable below) - I'm afraid I don't have any measurements, but the positioning can easily be gauged:

53251509_10213798764058507_9473292198079

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Thanks for all the replies Guys

Andrew, i’m surprised that Saffy’s badges are somclose to the light, not doubting the originality just surprised!

not sure what to do now !

steve

Also not questioning the originality but I have not seen any decals that close to the light. Much prefer where mine are

19 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Thanks for all the replies Guys

Andrew, i’m surprised that Saffy’s badges are somclose to the light, not doubting the originality just surprised!

not sure what to do now !

steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, most people are and the positioning of the side badges of many restorations are not quite right, even on some of the concours cars - have a look at the PDF of the original sale brochure for reference.

Cheers, Andrew

5. 1969 - 72 TR6 PI Sales Brochure - Page 1 .pdf

Edited by Andrew Smith

Thanks Andrew, convincing evidence!

i’m actually in two minds as to whether to fit original white badges or black ones, i have both.

now i have to choose position and colour!

as you know my car is not concourse, or original !

think i’ll have a test fit with some tape.....

steve

15 minutes ago, Paul Hill said:

Also not questioning the originality but I have not seen any decals that close to the light. Much prefer where mine are

Phil,

That's because there are not many original unrestored cars (with original paintwork) around to be used for reference.  I agree, the decals do seem too close but that's where they were put. 

VUX's aren't right either, but it doesn't bother me nor should it anyone else, unless faithful originality is what they want.

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Totally agree Andrew

Thanks evryone

original positioning in black is my choice.

look out for the pics!

as you know my car is not concourse, or original !

The non reflective number plate gives this away!

Regards

Bill 

Just to add controversy to this debate...when I bought my 6 in 1972 it was like new having just 16,000 miles on it...being a professional Signwriter & Commercial art Lettering artist I never noticed the TR6 decals being as close as those on Andrews original 'Saffy' indeed when in 1988 my car required a respray I traced off the decal position and reapplied them as before.

Mind you having employed many people when I was in the Sign business...some had a very individual idea as to positioning letters and decals...maybe the sticker people in the factory didn't always follow the exact position as they all were hand applied.DSCN8606.thumb.JPG.834e810dc30abd6d6dd07169483648cc.JPG

Edited by CP26309
addition