THE DREADED BABY TENAX WANTED!

I'm finally having to address the final, missing 'must haves', for TS70L.

I'm posting here, because virtually all my sourcing successes have been off this

forum, although I shall use the Classifieds section too.

I have 31of the little beasts.I need a further 43 if my arithmatic is correct, and include for the sticks cover,

and I'm lucky in that my doors have only a need for 3 each.

I shall hopefully only have to source them the once, so I'm prepared for a long and expensive haul,

but I don't know a better way of getting them.I don't mind at all if it's in 1's or 2's, or greater quantities,

used/abused but still usable or unused.(They DO exist!).If the 'nut' is missing that is not a problem.

So if any of you have any surplus, or knowledge of surplus Baby Tenax please PM me at you leisure.

For those unsure of what I'm after these are the very small Tenax about 15mm diameter as opposed to the

larger variety which hover around the 20mm mark. 

Thanking you in advance.

And for those that are unable to resist, please feel free to vent your spleen on my desire to do the job properly!

Roger M-E

11 hours ago, roger murray-evans said:

Thanks John,

I'll get on it!

Roger

They have ended Im afraid https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baby-Tenax-Triumph-TR2-3-NOS/292979805222?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Stuart.

Stan,

Yes the pegs are different.The Baby type have a slightly smaller ball end.

The larger items have a very slightly larger 'ball' which has a slight taper.I'm

going to have to modify a number of the later type to do duty on the Baby tenaxs'

I very much hope to have!

Also, there are thread differences which someone will hopefully come

along and explain!

Thanks for the edit tip!

Roger M-E

Will have a dig in the trim drawer tomorrow Roger.

Peter W

PS There are a dozen or so new ones on one of the royal children's cars in the vehicle exhibition at Sandringham.

HI Roger

I have rummaged through my trim collection and found a few small Tenax  if you still need some, my Swallow is a coupe so not now required. I found small Tenax and large Tenax but also a medium sized Tenax with a head slightly larger than a small Tenax and the base the same size as a large Tenax.

Cheers

Richard

opera_autoupdate.log

Not to hijack this thread for Roger but I am short of approximately 4-5 small retaining rings and the same number of male pins for the dash top and rear deck.

Rod

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Roger, are you sorted? I know I have some ‘new 35 year old’ baby tenax somewhere but still cannot find them. However, I have found quite a few old and original male pins, most of them are grotty! Most of them tapered thread but few with thread and nut.

Perhaps let me know if you might want them?

Tony 

10 hours ago, Tony_C said:

Hello Roger, are you sorted? I know I have some ‘new 35 year old’ baby tenax somewhere but still cannot find them. However, I have found quite a few old and original male pins, most of them are grotty! Most of them tapered thread but few with thread and nut.

Perhaps let me know if you might want them?

Tony 

Hi, I am not up to that stage yet but I anticipate will need a set for my long door TR2. If anybody has any please let me know.

Hi,  I`m not up to this stage yet by a long way, but I have 2 screen frames for my car, both of which have some tenax pegs on, enough to make a full set on one frame, but reading this thread am I going to be able to use them if the button part is no longer available, or am I going to have to change them for the larger items, and will the bigger ones still fit the screen frame.

2 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Hi,  I`m not up to this stage yet by a long way, but I have 2 screen frames for my car, both of which have some tenax pegs on, enough to make a full set on one frame, but reading this thread am I going to be able to use them if the button part is no longer available, or am I going to have to change them for the larger items, and will the bigger ones still fit the screen frame.

The thread form on the studs is the same so yes the lager and readily available ones will still fit.

Stuart.

Tony,

Yes, still hanging in there for the last 12 or so fasteners.

I'm now ok for woodscrew type pegs, as I only needed 6 for the doors,

but still looking for 16 X  1/2"-9/16" or longer machine screw pegs, as my tonneaux

cover has the awkward front pegs that go through the scuttle top as opposed

to the later ones which screw into the dash woodwork.

All OK for the small screen pegs.

All offers sill gratefully considered!!

Roger M-E

24 minutes ago, roger murray-evans said:

Tony,

Yes, still hanging in there for the last 12 or so fasteners.

I'm now ok for woodscrew type pegs, as I only needed 6 for the doors,

but still looking for 16 X  1/2"-9/16" or longer machine screw pegs, as my tonneaux

cover has the awkward front pegs that go through the scuttle top as opposed

to the later ones which screw into the dash woodwork.

All OK for the small screen pegs.

All offers sill gratefully considered!!

Roger M-E

Just a small thread drift here.....As far as I recall fitting the tonneau with the pegs through the scuttle top rather than the later arrangement of the pegs being further rearward through the capping, means contact issues between aeroscreen mount brackets and tonneau cover front edge.   I had this issue with my aeroscreen mount brackets and modified the bracket base length to improve tonneau clearance.  The OE sample brackets I looked at had their rear edge touching the dash trim rail capping's front edge.

Cheers

Peter W

Pete,

I'd already given that a bit of thought and came to the conclusion that as that

design of tonneaux cover and also the 1 window hood are not 'off the shelf' available,

then it was going to have to be a trimmer made to measure effort, along with

the all leather trim that the first of the cars were blessed with.

What with sourcing all the 'right' parts, it's pretty pointless spoiling the ship with what

ain't going to be a ha'peth of tar!!

Roger M-E