One can only take it that a group at a University undertook exhaustive studies in order to be able to state, with statistics, that the performance of condoms is negatively affected by lipstick.

I wonder how many volunteers were involved, were they paid for their efforts (!), and were the manufacturers of lipsticks asked subsequently to incorporate a warning on their products?

Ian Cornish

On 7/24/2019 at 10:58 AM, Andy Moltu said:

The theoretical concerns are that petroleum jelly weakens latex. (Lipstick is known to significantly weaken and cause failure of latex condoms)

But doesn't that only happen with repeated use? :P

Back on topic... I've just taken the wires off my 4 to fit minilites for rallying. But I'm keeping the wires for nicey-nicey occasions (aiming to use spacers with the longer studs). So, anyone know a good place to get the wires refurbished for next summer? Or indeed how to check their condition myself? They seem okay and I don't want to spend a fortune for a rebuild if they just need a lick of paint.

I've used www.rugbyclassics.com to fit tyres to some new wire wheels, but they do refurbishment as well. Helps that they're just up the road from me. Are the spokes all straight and tight? Are the splines a good fit on the hub? If the answer to either is 'no', they need refurbishing by an expert.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I'd seen Rugby Classic website - they look like they prob know what they're doing and prices are nicely transparent. From quick check  of my wheels the spokes all seem fine and splines marry up snugly. But at £40 a corner for a respray I might just treat them anyway, and they can check and rectify any iffy spokes as well. Good call, thanks again.

Nigel

On 7/24/2019 at 1:17 PM, stuart said:

Random quote of the day goes to..................................Andy! :lol::lol:

Stuart.

Not that random - tyre dressing being discussed. Recalled it from a dim and distant memory doing a stint at a family planning clinic.