Question Rear Suspension

Hi Guys

I am learning all the time with my car, but as I am no mechanic could the  knowledgeable chaps on here could explain something in the picture below. Of all the pictures of chassis I have seen there is no all thread bar in the springs up to the turrets, is this a strength upgrade thing. I can see the Diff pins are upgraded which is reassuring to know

P1000336.jpg

Paul, I should think it's just to hold the springs at a sensible length while the body is off - as what's left is so much lighter!

Cheers, Richard

8 minutes ago, Spit_2.5PI said:

Paul, I should think it's just to hold the springs at a sensible length while the body is off - as what's left is so much lighter!

Cheers, Richard

Thanks Richard that explains it. I did wonder how the body would go on with those sticking through.

I can see there is some work on the rear diff mounts already done.

As the frame is bare I would inspect the front mount carefully and

reinforce them.

Normally the front fails first and much has been written about giving

them some extra strength.

Easily done now and a pain when the chassis is on the frame.

The car was finished two years ago not by me, I was just looking through the rebuild pictures. The front diff mounts were boxed in as part of the Chassis strengthening triumph-tr6-S3664795-6.thumb.jpg.c7298bf28889d557f973b195f9192a7a.jpgIMG_3646.thumb.jpg.914cc8a27eebbbf39a224cf7448cf6d1.jpg 

• 1 month later...