Blockley Tyres....

Just thinking of replacing my Vredestien T-Tracs.....the originals not T-TRac2. They have been very good and would buy again, except they don't exist and the T-Trac2 has odd looking sidewalls. Ok its cosmetic but...

https://www.blockleytyre.com/search

So i thought I would look around at alternatives . One I have been considering is the Blockley 165VR15. Does anyone have any feedback on these? They look a bit like G800's from years ago, i think.

Iain

Edited by iain

I have Vredestein Sport Trac Vs on my car and am happy woth them.

cheap, last ages, grip well, i think they look ok!

steve

Hi Iain I have had Blockley 185s in my USA TR6 for a year now and about 2500 miles. I have been delighted with them I think they look very good and importantly they feel right. I am not comparing them to the Michelin X it was shod with previously as they were long in the tooth, though with lots of tread left ... as is the way. The tyres feel compliant and progressive and the rubber does give good grip and feedback. I also found Blockley very helpful in answering any queries I had. So worth a chat with them. 

paul

4DDD2229-22B9-4F3D-918C-B758004D013B.jpeg

Hi Iain, I have chatted at length to them, very helpfull and enthusiastic,  and been trading for ages.

Julian is the boss, worth a call, 

All the best,  

Conrad. 

Hi Ian, is it just the look of the sidewall that troubles you as for a good all round tyre built with modern technology these take some beating at £46 delivered. Been using on my 4A for 8+ years now(not same tyres)

Chris

E96BCB2A-24D1-4FED-B2A7-E0011BAE09E0.jpeg

Edited by ChrisR-4A

I used the same Hankook tyres in 165x15 on my 4A (4.5J wires) and was happy like Chris. I changed them after ~7 years for Vredestein T-TRAC2, which are another excellent choice and for me give slightly better grip/feedback in the wet. Distance probably lends enchantment but they remind me of the old Dunlop SP Sport Aquajets in wet road performance but advances in rubber technology means this does not come at the expense of wear. I recall getting little more than 12,000 miles out of the Dunlop SP Sports. 

Tim