Car SOS - restore a TR4

They do repeat them in the wee small hours if you manage to set up a link. Just a thought, I know we're all hairy chested open top sports car blokes, but I can't see where anyone has mentioned the softer side of the program, and the fact that if you watched the credits at the end both father & daughter, who's car it was had subsequently died. I know the writing was on the wall during there program but even so.

It is deserved program helping out needy people, whether you like Tim Shaw or not, but it is tragic when the owner passes on just after the car is finished, or even worse in the last series or previous series 2 owners died mid restoration.

Just another reminder, as if we needed it, of our own mortality.

Cheers

Ian

Ian

Very sad series - father and daughter died in 2018 the daughter was only 45. 

I had a tear in my eye reading those credits. 

Edited by Hamish
Web Detail

Folks, 

I think you're confusing the episodes - last week's programme was about restoring a 97 Lotus Elise where sadly the father and daughter both died before the programmed was aired.  Yes, a very sad ending and my emotional side came out too.

The TR4 episode was the previous week where two sons got their father's TR4 restored. 

Cheers, Andrew

I watched Car SOS the other evening where they totally rebuilt a complete wreck of an MGA. They had to throw away the body!

Who is paying for all this work? It's a shame I can't have my Austin Healey '100' rebuilt by anyone but nobody's interested!

Tom. 

I always wonder who pays the bill(s). Same for the US version Overhauling (which I like a lot less bacause the bad treatment of the involved people, not respectfull).

Waldi

Edited by Waldi
Typo

I was amazed at the Aston episode and just how bad it was . The car now has to be worth £200k at least as it did not seem to be botched together. It did show how badly an exotic CAN GO! Whilst I thought the car nice I did not think the owner was as gobsmacked as I would have been. Perhaps he just got his share of the bill!!!!! LMAO!

Rod