Car SOS - restore a TR4

To me Tim is the Brewer equivalent.

I guess most people like these concepts, just the odd more matured folkes don’t.

But whats all the Fuzz we keep Edding.

Waldi

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:14 PM, Andrew Smith said:

Thursday night at 8pm on National Geographic HD (Sky Ch 129h) - they take on a TR4 for a worthy owner which apparently turns out to be the biggest job they've ever taken on, so that'll be a basket case then?

Cheers, Andrew

Anyone in the TRR own the car?

On 2/25/2019 at 6:14 PM, Andrew Smith said:

Thursday night at 8pm on National Geographic HD (Sky Ch 129h) - they take on a TR4 for a worthy owner which apparently turns out to be the biggest job they've ever taken on, so that'll be a basket case then?

Cheers, Andrew

Tonight - from the trailer I've seen it's a 4A.

Cheers, Andrew

If it’s the biggest job they ever taken on it must be bad. Remember the white 1965 230SL that was so rusted more than half the body tub was replaced.

Magnus

13 minutes ago, Peter V W said:

Now viewing in your lounge 

+1

no advisories after the job sept 18 mot. 

Don’t you just love a happy ending. 

These restos look so easy and so quick !!!

H

I think its a soft top. On a 4 the hood doesnt have fasteners on the front,  but a weird arrangement where the hood is wedged on to the header rail.  If you don't get it right it can lift at speed and come off.

Edited by MikeF

It is a Surrey, I suspect the mid-section was hastily fitted to enable filming to be completed as the rain arrived 

....... Andy 

+1  just not fitted to the screen capping firm enough to go right under as we all discussed a few weeks ago. rivets exposed on the front as can be seen.Just waiting to pop off if the 2 outside poppers don't hold.

ROY

Someone kindly posted that link on Facebook earlier today with a warning that it may get taken down. We dont see Car SOS over here so it was great to see that particular epsode where they crammed what for most of us would be 6 years of work and an unthinkable amount of money into  a 30 minute show. I had to wipe a tear away at the end.

Stan

Stan ,

Thanks for posting the link. Great to see TRGB featured. I've entered a period of depression now. My TR4 resto ( admittedly part time ) took me 12 years !  Car SOS , the usual 3 weeks to fix   ….yeah , right , an inspiration to us all. If only it were that easy ?

Bob