Chassis dimensions TR6 CP

I'm trying to put right some bad welding by a PO, of the front lower suspension mounting brackets on to the chassis.

If anybody has a chassis out of a car, the dimension and a picture if possible please I'm looking for is from the chassis bracket with the 4 holes part number 139580, to the outside of the chassis rail, I'm sure mine has been rewelded in the wrong position as I have too much negative camber, even without any shims under the lower link arm bracket 148691.

I'm presuming it should be the same dimension for the front and the rear bracket?

I presume the thick strengthening plate should be mounted on the inside/engine side of the chassis bracket 139580?

Any help here would be much appreciated.

John

John,

My chassis, (1968 TR5, should be the same) has just been repaired and is totally bare. Front offside bracket is original, near side has just been replaced with a CTM unit. Happy to send a photo and measurement but not sure of the exact measurement that you are after. Can you post an image showing exactly what you are after.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Stuart

Tim confirms its 50mm from the bracket to the edge of the chassis rail, I need to put on some new brackets, my distance is much shorter.

I'm going to take out just the engine to give more access, is it possible to get the engine out over the stop plate on the left side chassis rail,  by the timing cover, there doesn't seem much room at the bellhousing to lift it much to get the clutch off the gearbox shaft?

John

1 hour ago, John L said:

Thanks Stuart

Tim confirms its 50mm from the bracket to the edge of the chassis rail, I need to put on some new brackets, my distance is much shorter.

I'm going to take out just the engine to give more access, is it possible to get the engine out over the stop plate on the left side chassis rail,  by the timing cover, there doesn't seem much room at the bellhousing to lift it much to get the clutch off the gearbox shaft?

John

You can but TBH for all the pushing and shoving involved its far easier to whip engine and box out together and while its all out check/clean/sort the whole area as well including what by now is probably a soggy gearbox mount.

Stuart.