mx5 seat adaptors for a TR6

Hi all,

Does anyone have the all the dimensions and pictures of the items and how thick should the metal be as I am making a pair for the MX-5 seats, which should be here on Sunday.

I would be grateful if some nice person could send me them,. I did have a look at the CD Rom but couldn't make head nor tale of it.

Kind Regards,

Dave from sunny Spain.

BTW I won't be doing much for a while as I came out of Hospital yesterday after my hip replacement.

Hi Dave

Im just about to refit mine they are not the same as the ones on the CD rom but are flat plates supplied by TR Trader I think, they were in my car when I bought it . They are all individuals and are not interchangeable. If you wish I can take a pic for you in the morning. I made a set for my 4A copied from the CD rom which worked well.

Paul

Hi Dave from sunny Spain,

I’m about to collect my re-upholstered MX5 seats next week and need to make some brackets too.

I looked at the CD sketch too, it is a simple design which can be made if you have some basic metal working skills. I plan to use angle iron and flat 3 mm plate for mine, so no bending needed.

But I will wait with making them until I have tried the seats in the car to determine the correct height and tilt. Tall people seem to want them as low as possible. I’m not tall, so will see.

Buenos noches,

Waldi

PS: Good luck with the new hip, do a lot of exercise, swimming is good.

Good Day to you all,

Thank you all, It is appreciated.

Hi Waldi, Thanks for the tip but I cannot swim.

Kind Regards,

Dave from sunny Spain

The dimensions of the ones in the CD are easy enough to follow and in my opinion the only ones to use, Im tall and they work fine for me.

Stuart.

+1. I leave the brackets fitted to the seats. The floor bolts are now studs so seat removal is the work of a few minutes and no more fiddling about with bolts when replacing them. 

You do do need to remember the studs are there when crawling about. They hurt the knees so I put rubber chair feet over them if I’m going to be working in the cabin. 

Edited by peejay4A
5 hours ago, peejay4A said:

+1. I leave the brackets fitted to the seats. The floor bolts are now studs so seat removal is the work of a few minutes and no more fiddling about with bolts when replacing them. 

You do do need to remember the studs are there when crawling about. They hurt the knees so I put rubber chair feet over them if I’m going to be working in the cabin. 

Another reason I prefer the Technicalities brackets as it only takes 5 minutes to undo the eight bolts holding the brackets down to get both seats out and then there`s just flat floors.

Stuart.