TR ~ Austin Healey 3000

Well Tom, think hard before you do it...….the BN2 is about the best car Healeys made, especially in  "M" tune......it is the car all the Healey family considered their collective favourite.....BMC forced them to use the 6 cylinder engine in 1956 against Donald and Geoff's judgement. The 3000 is a heavy old beast, especially in Mk 3 form...it shakes  rattles and rolls a lot more than the Hundreds and ALWAYS uses a lot more fuel for the same result!  I know, I've had 'em all...…(all 100s do leak in rain -but even the best late 3000s are never fully dry)

That said, if you do proceed, the TR wires will generally fit Healeys, BUT the later 3000s have a different thread for the k/o nuts, 12 tpi instead of 8, so k/o  nuts not necessarily interchangeable.....Bill P.

2 hours ago, Bill.P. said:

I've had TR2/3/3A s and Healey 100s for 50 years now.....both are equally good but in entirely different ways. Were  the best parts of each combined into one car, it would have made a fabulous device.....Bill P.

Which parts from which car ?? Bill 

4 minutes ago, Fireman049 said:

I always fancied the bodywork of an MGA with a TR3 engine.

Tom.

Tom are you allowed to make blasphemous comment like that on here ?!?!?

:o:D

37 minutes ago, Fireman049 said:

Hi Hamish ~

What I really meant was that I fancied a Trabant with a TR3 engine and cable brakes !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom :)

Trabant. Weren’t they less than 1 litre two strokes ?!