Fuel System Install

Morning all. I have just received my fuel system (Pump, PRV, MU, Injectors and Injector Pipes) back from a refurb and am in the process of refitting. 

When I removed everything I ensured the engine was at TDC on 1. What I am wondering is how you know where the MU is in terms of timing to ensure it is in the correct position when refitting? 

Thanks

Cal 

Did this a few years ago on a restoration project. Didn't know much about TR6 PI at the time but followed page 154 in the brown book.

Worked perfectly and started without any further adjustment to the MU.

Have seen elsewhere on this forum that the adjustment is not that critical.

Dave

3 hours ago, CalT said:

Morning all. I have just received my fuel system (Pump, PRV, MU, Injectors and Injector Pipes) back from a refurb and am in the process of refitting. 

When I removed everything I ensured the engine was at TDC on 1. What I am wondering is how you know where the MU is in terms of timing to ensure it is in the correct position when refitting? 

Thanks

Cal 

M/U timing? You look at number 6 port, it s/b open???

Bruce.

Cal,

if you do don have the thick brown work shop manual, get yourselve one. 80% in there is what you know already, but it is the 20% that helps you to do a proper job.

Waldi

5 hours ago, Waldi said:

Cal,

if you do don have the thick brown work shop manual, get yourselve one. 80% in there is what you know already, but it is the 20% that helps you to do a proper job.

Waldi

I agree. I have a paper one, covered in notes made over the last 20 odd years.