TR 2 Hong Kong in 1954 (reg hk1059)

Mega long shot - any history on a blue tr 2 that came second in the Macua Grandprix. Was registered HK1059 and was blue in colour. 

I’d appreciate any info and background. I’d also be keen to know what blue the colour would have been - was there a TR blue that was standard or could it have been a special? 

Thanks all, Paul 

AAD3BE01-8546-4C39-ABF0-EB7254A17BF7.jpeg

Edited by pablo

Hi Paul,

Not a standard colour but could have been a special order or painted out there.  That car was driven by P. Du Toit.

A good result for TRs as they also took first and third places.  First was a red car driven by Eddie Carvalho and third another TR2 driven by R. Rocha, both of these were employees of Far East Motors who were Standard-Triumph distributors.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I thought it must be a special colour. I wonder if there was any symbolism in the red white and blue of the cars - a patriotic nod to Britain and the Empire? 

Any thoughts on how to trace the car? Perhaps it’s lost to time given the lack of indentifiers. 

Thanks, Paul